Our client is a leading law firm and they are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious lawyer to join their highly regarded Transactional Real Estate Team in Exeter.
The role will involve:
Dealing with all aspects of residential development including site acquisitions, affordable housing disposals, site set ups and associated arrangements.
• Assisting Partners with individual elements of wider property transactions.
• High levels of client contact ensuring regular updates.
• Assisting on due diligence for developments and for financing and Corporate transactions.
• Maintain effective communication with colleagues across the firm, as required.
• Maintain time recording on client matters on a daily basis in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
Experience and Skills Required:
We would generally expect the role to be suitable for someone in the 2 to 3 PQE bracket but we will consider applications from any candidates who can demonstrate the desired skills.
• Qualified lawyer with good experience in real estate transactional.
• Relevant ‘hands-on’ work experience and client management skills.
• Good knowledge of English Land Law and Landlord and Tenant law.
• Prior experience of Residential Developments Transactions would be advantageous.
• Strong interpersonal skills and sound time/case management skills.
• Strong academic record.
A commercial approach and an ability to provide clients with solutions. An interest in and an ability to quickly understand the client’s business is essential.
• Enthusiastic, friendly team player.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• ‘Can do’ approach to work.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines in a flexible and proactive way.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Confidential, able to use tact and discretion.
• Exhibits high levels of client service (both to internal and external clients).
• Committed to on-going learning and development.